Be the Change You Wish to See.
Become a Donor!
The children who come to the Longview Child Development Center are a part of our family and our hearts.
Because of this, our goal is to continue providing the safe haven and nurturing environment they come to expect and deserve.
But we can’t do it alone! No matter the income level, our children should have the best in education and childcare.
In spite of our name, Longview Child Development Center is about more than just children! We represent all of their families and their efforts to be self-sufficient, productive and contributing citizens.
Did you know? Ninety-nine percent of our families live under the federally defined poverty level?
That is a staggering number of families struggling to make ends meet!
- You see these people every day.
- You buy from them.
- You interact with them.
- They are your food server, your hair stylist, your grocery clerk, your mechanic and your caregiver.
- Many of them are in school or attending college.
- They face a daily struggle – in order to support their families, they must work. But in order to work, they need reliable child care.
The cost of child care depletes any budget but especially a meager one.
Most low-income families have only one solution for child care – government assistance. This is NOT the best solution. It means tapping into tax payer dollars while all these mothers and fathers want to do is work.
Leaving your child with a relative or neighbor is also not the best solution. Studies show children often are left with minimal supervision, nutrition and education.
No one’s child deserves minimal care!
For more than 40 years, LCDC has provided subsidized child care tuition for low income working families.
How to Help
LCDC needs YOUR support TODAY to continue providing our families the child care needs they seek.
Let’s talk numbers:
- The actual cost for quality child care can be up to $150 or more per week
- Our sliding scale for tuition often costs $70 or less!
- 90 families securely in the workforce
- 90 children, ages 6 weeks to 5 years nurtured, fed, educated and protected
- 25 staff members gainfully employed and trained
- Thousands of lives impacted in our community every day
Your $280 tax-deductible donation allows us to continue quality child care for an entire month so these families can stay gainfully employed in our community.
ANY AMOUNT will help!
Your financial donation provides the much-needed funds for the enormous cost of diapers, wipes, formula, baby food and tuition assistance, for example.
Other Ways You Can Help:
- Donate good, used preschool-sized play clothes 2T-5T
- Infant-sized footed onesies, 6 months to 24 months
- Copy paper, unscented baby wipes, diapers, formula, bleach and cleaning supplies
- Partner with us so we can break the cycle of poverty.
- Support the families that support you.
- Create a future for their children and their children’s children.
- Become a Donor today!
Other donation options:
Make your check payable to LCDC and mail it to PO Box 8054, Longview, TX 75607
Donate by Mail
Longview Child Development Center
P. O. Box 8054
Longview, TX 75607